TRAINING COURSE FOR THE SCHOOL STUDENTS OF "SANTINA GUSMINI ONLUS"
“ If you make plans for a year, sow wheat.
If you make plans for a decade, plant a tree.
If you make plans for a life, train and educate people.”
Ancient chinese proverb, 645 BC.
The Association aims to realize, in particularly poor countries, a school for kindergarten teachers, able to train new teachers to be sent in villages or communities of the chosen nation, especially in need of a nursery.
The training will last for a year and aims to provide the students with the main elements, theoretical and practical, to enable them to perform at the village the role of teacher for children up to six years.
The training will consist of two modules of 6 months each, for a total of 12 months; in both, forms of training will be provided, so that the students can experiment and put into practice the elements learned in the theoretical lessons.
The lessons of the first module cover several theoretical subjects: psychology, general pedagogy, special pedagogy, pedagogy of human rights, all essential to create a basic culture needed to know, understand and interpret the behavior of children and especially knowing how to adapt to them, reacting in difficult situations.
The lessons of the second module will focus, conversely, aspects of teaching and practical aspects too, trying to give the students practical ways of intervention. The proposed themes will try, as much as possible, to consider the operating conditions in which the students will act. So the proposed subjects will be: childcare, education, children’s literature, pediatric first aid, hygiene.
The students, at the end of the course, will have the necessary tools to be able to ensure the child up to six years, a basic training and accompaniment for the proper and balanced development.
The pedagogical paradigm we want to propose, is that it considers essential to act in a personalized manner to each person in training, to respond appropriately to the different training needs and to the real paths of development implemented by each, to encourage and support equal dignity of everybody, genuine equality of opportunity to enhance personality, individual skill and intelligence, according to the positioning of the child in the world and of the participation in the culture of his own people.
With this perspective, the children are helped to grow according to their ability and respecting their development time
; to achieve this, however, it is necessary to train those who support and accompany the growth process.The main lesson will be
SUMMARY OF CONTENTS
- Start to the pedagogic lexicon and the educational theory.
- identify a theoretical framework, to understand the main elements and modes of practical application.
- introduction to the themes and the most relevant figures of pedagogical and educational thinking.
- deepening of the leading authors and a brief history.
|PSYCOLOGY OF DEVELOPMENTAL AGE|
- provide a global vision of the problems of developmental psychology, focusing on the contributions of the main currents of thought.
- deepening of the main stages of child development, with particular attention to the basic steps of growth and to their needs.
- introduction of the main authors of developmental psychology
- knowledge of principal theories about attachment in the childhood
- understand and analyze the educational event, which takes place in early childhood in institutions dedicated to it, placing it in a theoretical framework, that links the teaching act to the pedagogical concept of reference.
- identifying and critically defining, the core elements of teaching and their connection with the pedagogy and anthropology of reference.
- knowledge of systemic model, which includes and considers the context of the child’s life as part of the educational
- Elements of pedagogical planning: educational observation, goal setting and structuring of checks
- specification of practical methodologies of intervention with an emphasis on methodology and technique of playing and animation.
- elements of music and drawing for young children.
- elements of pre-writing.
- description of materials useful to teaching
- knowledge of principal systemic concepts for working with childhood
- describe benefits of good communications with parents (and knowledge of different type of families) and with your own territory
- tackle the problem of education of persons with disabilities.
- tackle the concept of diversity not as “deviation” due to a misunderstanding of the concept of “normality”, but as an intrinsic quality of each one and wealth for all.
- recognize how differences give rise to exchange, reciprocity, sharing, complementarity.
- elements of general psychopathology.
- description of procedures, methodologies, operational tools for inclusion of disabled people in society, in culture, in the world.
|ELEMENTS OF CHILDCARE|
- provide the main elements that put students in a position to be able to respond fully to the needs of children in terms of proper physical and mental development.
- knowledge of basic needs of children
- knowledge of the main phases of the child’s physical development.
- elements of physical and cognitive function of children
|PEDAGOGY OF HUMAN RIGHTS AND MATTERS OF LAW|
- knowledge of the history of human rights and issues related to the difficulties of the culture of human rights.
- knowledge of key documents related to children’s rights
- brief mention of the constitutional framework of the country.
- matters of law of the country.
- deepening of major international declarations on human rights.
- provide tools to the use of the fairy tales and the myths as paths of development of the child
- provide elements of emotional education in early childhood.
- elements of children’s literature
- knowledge and analysis of the main authors (with particular attention to the authors of their own culture).
- methodologies of reading and use of fairy tales and myths for childhood, with particular attention to local fairy tales and myths.
|PEDIATRIC FIRST AID|
- provide to operators interacting daily with children, those notions of first aid, to deal with any medical emergencies for them
- main notions about how to deal with emergencies ( unblocking airways, resuscitation, emergency management )
- main notions about how to deal with pediatric emergencies that can happen every day ( fever, convulsions, burns, injuries, cranial trauma etc. )
( HYGIENIC RULES TO BE APPLIED IN COMMUNITY FACILITIES FOR CHILDHOOD )
- provide elements of hygiene to prevent and reduce major deseases that can develop in childhood communities
- main elements of hygiene through the explanation of simple practices in the management of children for :
- the control of the spread pf infectious deseases
- the promotion of behaviours aimed at the prevention of infection diseases
- knowledge of HIV/AIDS
- It will be used a hygienic-sanitary regulation consisting of rules and recommendations addressed to parents and staff.
- basic elements of computer use and basic knoledge of internet
- create a simple word document
- manage and project data in a personal computer system
- exchange information using electronic mail
- access work information from a PC
- use internet for searching information
|ELEMENTS OF ORGANIZING WORKS IN TEAM|
- basic notions of his own organizational role and work in teams
- basic strategies of problem solving
- demonstrate care and timeless in a work
- placedemonstrate solve and interpret written and not written information
The period of practical experience at the kindergarten of the Association, is a very significant moment of the course, in which students are required to experience in practice, what they have learned in theory.The training is provided in both the first module and in the second, although in different proportions (a greater number of hours in the second part).
The main modes of training will be two:
- observation of experienced staff in daily practice with children
- direct practice
In both cases, the internship will allow students to make a complete and useful experience, during which, they can develop appropriate ways of relating to the relationship with the kids, try teaching aids and learn more about the operational tools.
Se você quiser ler o curso de formação em Português, clique aqui